Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) Devices
Presented By: Kari O’Hara and Paula Berriche from the Noridian DME MAC Jurisdiction A Provider Outreach and Education
June 26, 2018
10:00 – 11:30 am ET
This webinar is Free
In the PAP webinar, the following agenda items will be covered:
Affordable Care Act Requirements
- Suppliers will understand the statutory requirements and Face to Face requirements necessary for claim payment.
Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT)
- Suppliers will understand the CERT program and how it is used to measure and improve the quality and accuracy of Medicare claims submission, processing, and payment.
- Suppliers will learn about the coverage requirements for positive airway pressure devices and accessories.
- Suppliers will learn about the appropriate coding for equipment throughout the rental period as well as coding for accessories.
- Topics such as apnea, hypopnea, apnea hypopnea index, respiratory disturbance index, sleep tests, and adherence to therapy will be discussed.
- Suppliers will learn what documentation is needed to provide items from this policy, including medical records, orders, beneficiary authorization and proof of delivery.